Top 5 ORX News Losses: Q2 2023
- 10 May 2023
Each month, the ORX News team publish a list of the five largest operational risk losses reported in the previous month. Read on to find out which operational risk loss events have had the most impact recently in Q2 2023.
1. JPMorgan Chase & Co. – $175 million
JPMorgan defrauded of USD 175 million through acquisition of student loan startup.
2. BNP Paribas – $41.3 million
BNP Paribas settles for EUR 37.5 million over Vestia misselling and bribery allegations.
3. World Exchange Services – $38.7 million
World Exchange Services loses RUB 3.17 billion to system administrator’s crypto theft.
4. Clover Health Investments Corporation – $22 million
Clover Health Investments pays USD 22 million over claims it misled investors prior to IPO.
5. Chatham Asset Management – $18.8 million
Chatham Asset Management pays USD 18.8 million for improper trading of fixed income securities.
About ORX News
Stay on top of the latest operational risk losses with ORX News. ORX News is a leading source for information and analysis on publicly reported operational risk loss events from around the globe.
Created specifically for the financial sector, ORX News can help you:
- Identify loss trends you need to be aware of
- Provide data and information to support scenario modelling
- Enhance your internal loss data
- Raise awareness of operational risk across your organisation