Top Risk Review November 2021
- 29 November 2021
Are you an ORX Member? Log in here to access the report for free (check if your firm is a member)
The November 2021 Top Risk Review report is now available to buy. This report, published in November 2021, provides insight into the key current top operational risks facing the financial services industry, with results based on the personal opinions of risk professionals from 50 financial organisations across our global membership.
The Top Risk Review surveys individuals working in operational risk within the financial services sector on their personal views of the most significant current material risks impacting the industry. The studies also dive into the key drivers of these risks and how they change over time.
How to access the November 2021 Top Risk Review
The report is available to purchase for £750, or you can buy the full Monitoring the Risk Landscape package (this includes the Operational Risk Horizon 2021 report, the June Top Risk Review and the second Top Risk Review of 2021, published in November) saving your firm £500 across the year. The report is also available to members to download on the member-only website for free as part of ORX Membership.
What does the current risk landscape look like?
Our overall findings from the survey reflect the industry's current strategic priorities, with digital transformation heavily impacting the top three risks – information security (including cyber), technology, and third-party risk.
Top 5 operational risks
Here's a brief rundown of the top 5 risks – buy the full report for more analysis.
- Information security (including cyber) risk is a persistent and universal threat, with 89% of respondents rating it within their top five risks.
- Technology has never been more critical to supporting firms’ competitive edge and innovation as well as key decision-making processes.
- Third party arrangements are increasingly relied on to support digital transformation, providing institutions with additional skills, capacity, and infrastructure.
- Regulatory compliance continues as a top five risk, and there is concern over the ability of organisations to keep pace with the complex and rapidly changing regulatory landscape.
- External fraud is the only risk to have entered the top five since the last review 6 months ago, replacing business continuity.
Buy the report for further insights
The 23-page Top Risk Review report gives you insight into the most significant current material risks impacting the industry. The study also dives into the key drivers of these risks and how they've changed. Our Top Risk Reviews provide vital information and analysis for operational risk teams around the globe, with sections including:
- Top operational risks facing the industry
- Key insights into changes
- Key risk drivers of the top 5 risks
- Overall exposure
- Key impacts
- Impact of interconnectivity of risks on management and reporting
- And more...
This report was conducted as part of our new range of monitoring the risk landscape studies, which cover both emerging and material risks. If you're not a member of ORX, you can buy a copy of the Top Risk Review November 2021 report for just £750.
Alternatively, you can choose to pay £1,750 for access to all three studies from our 2021 Monitoring the Risk Landscape package (this includes the Operational Risk Horizon 2021 report, the June Top Risk Review and the November 2021 Top Risk Review) saving your firm £500 across the year.