Date: Wednesday 18 September 2019
Location: ABSA, Johannesburg
Our next African Forum for banks and insurers will be hosted by ABSA in Johannesburg on 18 September 2019.
Launched in 2016, our regional forums are held annually around the world. They provide a great opportunity for us to focus directly on the specific needs of financial firms in those regions, and enable participants to build connections and discuss topical issues in a relaxed setting with their regional peers.
For members of ORX, it's free to attend the forum. Please visit the members website for more details and to book your place.
If you are not currently a member, but would like to know more about the event, please get in touch.
About the 2019 African Forum
- Interactive and informative programme, including smaller break out sessions for more detailed discussions
- Content and format tailored to address both current regional concerns as well as future challenges and opportunities.
- Free and exclusive for ORX members
- Open to Heads of Operational Risk along with up to four of their direct reports
- Facilitated by Roland Kennett, ORX's Head of Membership and Services Development
We will be developing the event programme over the next few weeks. Some of the key topics we are aiming to include are:
- What are your top and emerging risks?
- The growing challenge of non-financial risk
- Risk-managing change
- What is the future strategy for operational risk?
- The impact of regulatory change on operational risk management in the region
- Operational resilience in a changing market
- Evolving in a digital era
- The future of practice benchmarking (explore ORX Practice Benchmarks)
Other regional forums
To ensure as many global financial institutions as possible can attend our events, we are planning the following regional forums for 2019:
- Asian Forum, 6 November, Singapore
- European Forum, 6 November, Paris
- Australian Forum, 12 November, Sydney
- South American Forum
More information about the forums will be added as soon as it's available.