Service Desk Junior Analyst OR Service Desk Analyst
- 10 September 2021
ORX are currently looking for a new team member in the pivotal role of Service Desk Analyst. This is an important position, acting as the primary point of contact for internal and external support issues, as well as providing support for data cycle management, the main services offered by ORX.
The role is expected to follow a progression path starting either as a Service Desk Junior Analyst, which would suit a school leaver or graduate, or a Service Desk Analyst, for candidates with a degree of IT service desk / support experience who are looking for the next step in their career.
The candidate will be supported throughout with mentorship from other members of the team, and a path to progress to a higher grade within the team upon completion of set milestones.
Job title: Service Desk Junior Analyst or Service Desk Analyst
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Team: IT Team
Reports to: IT Service Manager
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK and we are unable to sponsor any visa applications.
Service Desk Junior Analyst role
The Service Desk Junior Analyst role delivers both 1st line internal and external customer support, assistance with external ORX members as well as a varied involvement in delivering IT projects. It is an important role within the IT team ensuring that our change agenda is adequately supported and driven.
The role will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day operation of the service desk, responding to and resolving incidents, escalating to other members of the support team where required.
- Configuring and training users on key customer facing systems, responding to member queries.
- Providing internal IT support to ORX staff, as such the candidate will need to have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Supporting projects taking place within ORX; this aspect of the role will involve pro-active coordination, task management and delivery assistance on behalf of project leads.
- Involvement in managing customer data collection, liaising with ORX members and internal stakeholders to ensure timely completion of the data cycle import and validation tasks.
This role is expected to be a development role, starting off at entry level, then progressing through to more senior responsibilities as the candidate develops. ORX will support the candidate with mentoring and formal training opportunities, and the candidate will need to be a self-starter with an interest in IT and a drive to develop.
The role will be primarily based from home, although there will be an occasional requirement to work from the ORX office in the centre of Bath. As such the preferred candidate should live within commuting distance of Bath.
Service Desk Analyst role
Once the candidate has built up some experience as a Service Desk Junior Analyst, they will be expected to progress into the Service Desk Analyst role.
In addition to fulfilling all duties listed in the Service Desk Junior Analyst job description above, as part of the analyst’s personal development plan, ORX will support them to complete a selection of the following courses. The courses that will be completed will depend on the development route that the analyst wants to follow.
- ITIL 4 Foundation
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate – MD-100 / MD-101
- Azure Fundamentals AZ-900
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Comptia A+
By this stage the analyst will also be able to man the ORX service desk on their own, manage all support calls that are received into the ORX service desk and be able to run data cycles from start to finish.
The candidate will also get involved with internal projects, assisting within IT and the wider ORX team by supporting the delivery of new and existing project initiatives.
At this stage, it’s expected that the Service Desk Analyst may choose to specialise into a specific area of IT (e.g. cloud, infosec, service management etc.) and will be expected to undertake further training and take on additional responsibilities in order to progress to the grade of Service Desk Senior Analyst.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 100 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2021.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Holiday trading
- Sabbaticals and long service awards
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work-life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.