Senior Research Manager - Cyber
- 23 May 2023
Job title: Senior Research Manager - Cyber
Job type: Full time, permanent
Department: Research and Information
Reporting to: Head of Services
Location: Bath, UK (Flexible, hybrid working)
This role provides a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with some of the foremost operational risk figures in the global financial services industry.
The ORX Senior Research Manager - Cyber role is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with the foremost figures from the Operational Risk industry, specifically in the cyber and information security specialism.
Reporting to the Head of Services, this individual will lead the important Cyber service, one of our premium services designed for cyber and security risk management professionals in the second line. The service:
- facilitates the exchange of key cyber and security risk event data,
- provides insight and thought leadership studies, and
- facilitates a global network of cyber and security risk industry professionals, creating consensus and facilitating change at an industry level.
This is a high-profile role leading the Cyber service, driving enhancement of risk frameworks, methodology and practices across the industry, enabling organisations to learn from peers, benchmark their practice and collectively enhance their cyber and security risk management capability.
The Senior Research Manager - Cyber is a natural and engaging communicator, an effective delivery-focussed manager, a robust facilitator, and a confident thought leader.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Designing and leading the ORX cyber plan, as well as providing input to the wider ORX Research business plan and strategy
- Defining, proposing, leading and / or sponsoring member-led research projects
- Managing the project work of the cyber service and internal participant groups
- Building strong relationships with all ORX cyber participant members
- Communicating effectively with the ORX membership and subscribers, in particular to be effective in canvassing opinion and communicating the results of projects
- Managing the work and relations of ORX Cyber working groups, including the organisation of agenda, meetings, and work programmes
- Presenting research findings at ORX forums and other industry meetings, raising the profile of work and ORX overall across the industry
- Line managing and developing direct reports
- Occasionally managing work with third parties supporting research projects (such as consultants or contractors)
This role has the opportunity to play a key role at ORX and the development of cyber risk management practice in the global financial service industry.
ORX is a fast growing global industry association, with a current membership of over 100 leading banks and insurers from across the globe. ORX will continue to strongly grow its membership, subscribers and range of services in 2023 and beyond.
ORX exists to provide a secure platform for the exchange of operational risk data, information and ideas between its members and subscribers. It uses this platform to exploit opportunities for the development of risk management tools and products. ORX success is delivered from leveraging the data and expertise from within our membership and subscription. More information is available at www.orx.org.
What else do I need to know?
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and while working at ORX.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to julie.benj[email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.