Senior Research Analyst – ORX Cyber
- 20 December 2021
Job title: Senior Research Analyst – ORX Cyber service
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Team: Research and Information Team
Reports to: Research - Senior Manager
Location: Bath, UK. Coronavirus (Covid-19) considerations: All employees are currently working from home in line with the government guidelines. Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Would you like the opportunity to use your analytics skills to shape our newest service, specifically aimed at supporting members in the management and measurement of Cyber Information Security Risk? Are you keen to help us explore how we could use analytics and research to further develop and evolve the ORX Cyber service? The role offers the opportunity to work in a small team supporting all elements of the service, including development and communication of ORX Cyber standards, definitions and guidelines and ORX Cyber research studies. If this is the role for you please get in touch.
ORX is hiring a Senior Research Analyst to work in our busy Research and Information Team with a primary focus on the ongoing development of our cyber data exchange, improving the quality of data inputs and outputs and ultimately helping to develop a reporting portfolio for our ORX Cyber service members.
The successful applicant will support the day-to-day activities required for the ongoing delivery and development of the ORX Cyber service, including the cyber event data exchange, supporting data submissions and the development and communication of the standards, cyber research projects and the facilitation of working groups for our subscribers.
You will have proven experience of Excel and SQL and a curiosity for how data and research analysis can be used to support our customer's management and measurement of this most significant risk. You will have experience of working on data-related projects in previous roles and demonstrate how you have improved data quality, derived actionable insights and communicated those insights effectively to a broad range of stakeholders.
This is a varied, interesting and rewarding role that would suit someone with broad data experience and an enquiring mind to ensure we meet the increasing needs of our ORX Cyber service subscribers.
About ORX Cyber
This role will support the development of ORX Cyber. ORX Cyber is a subscription service from ORX which launched at the start of 2021. ORX Cyber gives second line cyber and information security risk practitioners the opportunity to become part of a global community working together to enhance cyber risk management. The service combines cyber event data exchange with collaboration and research to provide the insights and information needed to effectively manage and measure this key risk.
Why work for us
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work/life balance of our employees. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working. At ORX we believe this is paramount to your happiness and our collective success. We believe in the value of developing our people, We want our employees to be the very best that they can be. Investing in your development is not only an investment in your future but also the future success of ORX. Our benefits and the inclusive work environment we provide are aimed at taking care of you through all aspects of life; giving you a degree of choice to ensure your experience at ORX is the best it can be.
ORX work with over 100 leading financial firms (members) from across the globe. With such a wide global reach, we provide a platform that drives better management, measurement and understanding of operational risk. We do this by enabling our members and subscribers to share information and data, take part in studies and benchmarks and giving them the chance to network and collaborate on a regular basis. As a not-for-profit organisation owned by our members, our focus is on people and what we can achieve together.
This role is within the Research and Information team, specifically supporting delivery of ORX Cyber. This team is fast-paced and highly skilled, responsible for the regular production of research, data services and facilitation of discussion groups for our subscribers.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for
- Delivering quality data outputs to an agreed operational timetable for our cyber data services
- Developing the ongoing working practices for cyber data submission, quality assurance and outputs
- Pro-actively and regularly support members in ensuring quality data submissions
- Ad-hoc data analysis to help understand gaps, emerging issues or trends in the data. Providing useful and relevant analysis
- Supporting the development of cyber event data reporting providing proposals in line with member requirements
- Ensuring that ORX Cyber service documentation is maintained and regularly reviewed (min. every 6 months), updated where required and published to members with explanatory notes
- Regular member engagement, in particular, supporting onboarding and data submission cycles with members
- Production and presentation of materials to support working group meetings (both service and definitions and standards)
- Responsible for supporting the running and analysis of cyber research studies, both full studies and snap surveys
Skills and knowledge
- Degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline or relevant work experience
- Demonstrable experience in a data and research role, delivering a range of outputs for example structured processes, data documentation and insightful analysis
- Experience of working on data projects
- Proven experience of operational delivery: achieving agreed deadlines and KPIs
- Demonstrable experience of data manipulation and interrogation tools e.g. SQL and excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrable experience of leading the development of engaging data analysis and reporting and working with a broad range of business stakeholders
- Right to work in the UK, we are unable to sponsor any visa applications.
- Strategic data experience and awareness of the broader context of peer-to-peer data exchange
- Experience in a financial services role
- Knowledge of operational / Non-Financial Risk
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Self-motivated and highly organised and pro-active; able to cope under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking skills, making connections across complex business processes to ensure the on-going integrity of ORX data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills from working with a broad range of stakeholders
- Able to understand and summarise data/ analytics concepts and translate them into insights and actions
- Reliable and trustworthy; able to handle confidential material with the highest discretion
- Natural curiosity about how data and research could be developed to meet members’ needs; experience of working in a change environment and driving innovation
- Effective team player.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Holiday trading
- Sabbaticals and long service awards
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and while working at ORX.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) considerations: All employees are currently working from home in line with the government guidelines.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.
Applications are to be submitted by 5 January 2022.