Senior Change Manager
- 4 August 2021
Job title: Senior Change Manager
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Reports to: Finance & Operations Director
Budget responsibility: Ad hoc external PM / BA support
Location: Bath, UK
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
ORX is changing. We have an ongoing significant programme of work that requires an exceptional capability in change, portfolio and project management to ensure that our business keeps up with the demands of our members.
The Senior Change Manager helps to ensure that ORX achieves its strategic change objectives through the lifecycle of strategy setting all the way through to delivery.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 100 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2021.
Main duties and responsibilities
As ORX is a small organisation, the role is broad in function and the job holder will be responsible for the following areas:
Change and portfolio management
- Develop and oversee a change strategy that supports the delivery of the ORX strategy, ensuring that ORX can innovate effectively and accommodates a consistent high level of change
- Work with department heads and project leads to support landing their change activities well and ensuring connectivity across the change portfolio
- Develop an overall change programme that is structured, prioritised, achievable, scheduled and flexible to change during the year if required. Ensure that the change programme is stretching but that resources are sufficient and planned to make it a success
- Develop, monitor and run the governance process to support delivery of the change programme. Ensure that governance is effectively proportionate and balanced with support for the business. Manage portfolio reporting and review activities
Project delivery support
- Provide support to project leads in project scoping, planning, management and closure for a wide range of projects.
- Provide business analysis and project management support to projects, through a combination of internal and external resource, focusing finite resource on those that would benefit most
- To take a risk based approach to project governance
- Continually enhanced the project methodology and process, ensuring it is both representative of professional project management practices while being scaled appropriately to ORX’s needs.
- Act as a coach for staff involved in project sponsorship and delivery, providing informal and formal training where required.
Business planning support
- Support the Executive Director and Finance & Operations Director in the annual business planning cycle.
- Develop and facilitate an approach that translates strategy into business and individual objectives
- Facilitate lessons learnt from prior experiences as input to a realistic and achievable business and change plan
- Line management of in-house Business Analyst, BI developer and any flexible project related resources (e.g. BA / PM)
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Right to work in the UK
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, or validated experience which shows an ability to perform the job
- Change or Project management qualification
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in change or project management roles – evidenced by substantial experience in the successful management and delivery of strategic and often complex change activities
- Experience of delivering change within an overall programme with multiple work streams
- A strong and practical grasp of project management methodologies
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills
- A high degree of commercial know-how, backed by first rate communication and relationship skills
- Ability to mentor and coach your peers and colleagues
- Ability to influence through a range of techniques, adapting style to individuals
- Work autonomously and pro-actively
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Able to cope under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Problem solving
- Persistence and confidence
- Experience of working within financial services and/or operational risk
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Bonus scheme
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Holiday trading
- Sabbaticals and long service awards
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work-life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.