- 3 February 2022
Job title: Research Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Team: Research and Information Team
Reports to: Research - Senior Manager
Location: Bath, UK. Coronavirus (Covid-19) considerations: All employees are currently working from home in line with the government guidelines. Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
About the role
The ORX Research Manager role is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to gain exposure to, and work with, the foremost figures in the operational risk industry. The successful individual will work with ORX members to deliver key components of our research programme and will have the opportunity to influence and drive change at an industry level.
The ORX research programme delivers operational risk measurement and management projects to the financial services industry. These range from investigating and determining risk management best practices, to original thought leadership research. The Research Manager will support the ORX Director of Research and Information and will lead projects, as well as contributing to other products and initiatives.
The successful candidate will be an effective manager, a skilled facilitator and a good communicator. The role would ideally suit an individual with a background in financial services, research and/or professional management consulting looking to further their career in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Key responsibilities for the Research Manager include:
- To lead research projects
- To write project and research proposals
- To work in and be able to manage small teams to deliver projects
- To work alone researching specific aspects of operational risk practice and methodology
- To effectively manage the work of and relationships with ORX member project steering and participant groups
- To develop surveys and other ways of collecting information
- To analyse survey results and other information collected from members
- To draft research reports
- To communicate research findings to ORX members
- To present research findings at ORX member forums
- To be involved in ORX member relationship management duties
- To effectively manage relationships with the ORX leadership team
For more information, download the full job description.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Holiday trading
- Sabbaticals and long service awards
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do I need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and while working at ORX.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) considerations: All employees are currently working from home in line with the government guidelines.
How to apply
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK and we are unable to sponsor any visa applications.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.