- 4 February 2020
Job title: Research Analyst
Team: Research and Information
Reports to: Senior Research Manager
Location: Bath, UK
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The ORX Research Analyst role is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with the foremost figures from the operational risk industry. The individual will support elements of the ORX research programme, undertaking quantitative and qualitative research tasks in operational risk.
The Research Analyst will support the Head of Research and Information in the delivery of the ORX research programme. The ORX research programme provides operational risk measurement and management research projects to the financial services industries. These range from best practice exercised to original research, and include qualitative and quantitative studies. You can see examples of our previous research projects here.
The Research Analyst is an effective communicator (both verbal and written), shows initiative and demonstrates research skills.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 95 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2020.
Main duties and responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities for the Research Analyst include:
- Working within small teams to assist in delivering the ORX research programmes
- Helping to research specific aspects of operational risk practice and methodology
- Assisting in writing research proposals
- Support the development of surveys and other ways of collecting information
- To assist in performing qualitative and quantitative analysis of data
- Assisting in drafting research reports
- Participating in communicating research findings with the ORX constituency
- Building strong relationships with all ORX participant members
- Provide support, where required, to ORX working groups and member meetings.
The Research Analyst is responsible for delivering delegated elements around project planning, researching, analysis, surveys and report writing.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree or equivalent and/or validated experience which shows an ability to operate effectively in the research environment.
- Track record of intellectual curiosity and interest in economics and finance
- Good IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working in qualitative or quantitative research and/or the industry for up to 2 years
- Demonstrate experience in the assessment of qualitative and survey data
- Capable to understand concepts and translate into real business applications
- Knowledge of banking and financial services
- Knowledge of operational risk
Skills and abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, particularly those acquired in working with remote customers and suppliers
- Handle confidential material with highest discretion
- Work autonomously and pro-actively
- Self-motivated and organised
- Able to cope under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of operating in an international environment
- Demonstrable participation in the delivery of original research
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Bonus scheme
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work-life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.