Quality Assurance Data Analyst
- 4 January 2022
Job title: Quality Assurance Data Analyst
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Team: Research and Information Team
Reports to: Data Services Specialist
Location: Bath, UK. Coronavirus (Covid-19) considerations: All employees are currently working from home in line with the government guidelines. Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The Quality Assurance Data Analyst role is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in a growing membership organisation. The individual will support Data Services and the Research Programme, ensuring the delivery of high-quality information in accordance with our industry recognised standards.
An important focus of the role is performing quality tests on the data submitted by our member institutions; and presenting the findings from these tests to key stakeholders, within pre-set strict timeframes.
The Quality Assurance Data Analyst is self-motived, has an eye for detail, enjoys being part of a team, and can equally work independently, and is a good communicator.
ORX is a growing organisation. For the right candidate, this role offers an opportunity for career progression in the areas of advanced data modelling, analysis and reporting, and industry research.
Why work for us
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work/life balance of our employees. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working. At ORX we believe this is paramount to your happiness and our collective success. We believe in the value of developing our people, We want our employees to be the very best that they can be. Investing in your development is not only an investment in your future but also the future success of ORX. Our benefits and the inclusive work environment we provide are aimed at taking care of you through all aspects of life; giving you a degree of choice to ensure your experience at ORX is the best it can be.
ORX work with over 100 leading financial firms (members) from across the globe. With such a wide global reach, we provide a platform that drives better management, measurement and understanding of operational risk. We do this by enabling our members and subscribers to share information and data, take part in studies and benchmarks and giving them the chance to network and collaborate on a regular basis. As a not-for-profit organisation owned by our members, our focus is on people and what we can achieve together.
This role is within the Research and Information team, specifically supporting Data Services and the Research Programme. This team is fast-paced and highly skilled, responsible for the regular production of research, data services and facilitation of discussion groups for our subscribers.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Quality Assurance Data Analyst will be responsible for:
- Quality assurance
- Testing the data submitted for compliance with industry data standards. This includes the querying (with the submitter) of non-compliant data, interpreting (and escalating where necessary) the responses received, and the collation and reporting of the overall results of the testing program.
- Working with the QA team to implement data quality assurance practices.
- Investigating and responding to queries raised on data points or trends
- Completing all service QA tasks to a strict timeframe
- Reviewing the qualitative descriptions in the various data services.
- Data analysis and reporting
- Contributing to data reporting within ORX; presenting and explaining trends observed for the individual data collections.
- Preparing reports to be published at the completion of each data collection.
- Preparing summary reports of data portfolios, with accompany commentary on overall trends and key observations.
- Running ad hoc requests for data sets and providing analysis
- Provide support to the Research and Information team with data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Assisting with the design and testing of new reports.
Maintaining anonymity and the confidentially of the data submitted.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and working collaboratively with the QA team to implement effective improvements.
This role is accountable to contributing to the timely delivery of the loss data services and ensuring all relevant stakeholders are advised appropriately on the QA service.
This role is also accountable for giving appropriate due diligence to the data and maintaining strict confidentiality.
Skills and knowledge
- Right to work in the UK, we are unable to sponsor any visa applications
- Degree or equivalent and/or evidenced experience
- Demonstrable experience in data analysis, interpretation and reporting
- Communication skills and numeracy
- Handle confidential material with highest discretion
- Work autonomously and as part of a team; and pro-actively
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Able to cope under pressure and prioritise tasks, and work to strict deadlines
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Effective IT skills - confident in the use of information and systems
- Confident with qualitative and quantitative information
- Experience of teamworking and delivering to deadlines
- An interest/knowledge in the financial services sector and risk management
- Demonstrable experience in identifying and implementing improvements to create efficiencies
- Some experience of Excel, SQL, and R or another coding language
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Holiday trading
- Sabbaticals and long service awards
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and while working at ORX.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) considerations: All employees are currently working from home in line with the government guidelines.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.
Applications are to be submitted by 28 January 2022.