- 16 December 2019
Job title: Project Manager
Team: Finance and Operations
Reports to: Change Manager
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Would you like the opportunity to work for an organisation at the forefront of influencing and driving change in the financial services industry?
We are looking to appoint a contract project manager to manage projects relating to the enhancement of our member-facing website. This sits within a wider customer experience programme of activity.
You will be reporting to the Change Manager.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 95 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2019.
Main duties and responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing project documentation, including project planning documents, project plans and project update reporting
- Ensuring budgets, time and scope are managed effectively through planning and forecasting, identifying corrective action and regular reporting
- Managing senior stakeholders from across the business and 3rd party suppliers
- Facilitate effective communication and understanding between technical and non-technical teams
- Ensuring quality, quantity and timeliness of work supports business objective and provides value
- Managing project dependencies within the overall programme
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Right to work in the UK
- Degree or equivalent and/or 3-5 years validated experience
- Proven ability to manage/lead IT projects with in-house teams and 3rd parties
- Experience of managing projects within a programme of work
- Experience of delivering projects within a small business environment
- Excellent communication skills & relationship building, including with 3rd parties
- Work autonomously and pro-actively with accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to cope under pressure, prioritise tasks and resolve problems
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Confident in the use and application of information and systems
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Experience of shaping and driving change activity
- Experience of using project management processes including APM and Agile
- Influencing skills with the ability to gain consensus and reconcile conflicting views
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work-life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.