Senior Manager – Data Service Development
- 25 July 2019
Job title: Senior Manager – Data Service Development
Team: Research and Information Team
Reports to: Head of Risk Information
Location: Bath, UK, including flexible working arrangements
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The Senior Manager – Data Service Development role is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to lead a key part of the services ORX offers the financial industry. ORX operates a range of data services that allow around 100 banks and insurers (our members) to exchange and benchmark confidential risk information. The data services are used to support operational risk management and risk quantification, but also provide a platform for industry collaboration to address common challenges. Operational risk covers a broad set of threats that institutions face, including cyber-crime, fraud and misconduct.
The Senior Manager – Data Service Development will play an important role in the strategic development of these services. Through this work there will be opportunities to gain exposure to leading figures in the financial services industry and to innovate.
The role holder will have three core responsibilities:
- Work with ORX members and senior management to develop, agree and implement a strategy to develop ORX risk data services, ensuring they meet member and industry needs
- Work with ORX members to promote the use and value of current and future iterations of the risk data services.
- Manage day-to-day operation of existing data services, including the data quality, data analysis and reporting;
This role would ideally suit individuals with a background from one or more of the following:
- Data or information service development
- Operational risk in financial services
- Relevant professional management consulting
This is an opportunity to further your career in a rewarding and dynamic international environment.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 95 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2019.
Main duties and responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
Data service development
- Leading the development, agreement and implementation of the ORX risk data strategy to evolve the data services to meet member and industry needs (working with ORX members and ORX management)
- Leading the development of business case to improve data service efficiency
- Developing new data services where there is demand
Data service promotion
- Working with colleagues to support the promotion of ORX risk data services to members and the wider industry
- Working with users to help them extract value from current and future services
- Increasing use of ORX reports and promoting good practice in use of the risk data and reports
Data service delivery
- To oversee delivery of risk data services. This includes the following operational functions: onboarding new members, overseeing data collection cycles, quality assurance activity, development and maintenance of analytics and reporting
- To oversee the development and implementation of the ORX data quality assurance strategy and framework
- To work in and be able to manage cross-department teams to deliver projects
- To effectively manage relationships with the ORX leadership team
- To effectively manage the work of and relationships with ORX member groups as required
Key accountabilites include:
- Successful development and delivery of an ORX risk data strategy
- Increase use of the risk data, including through the development of data analysis, tools and reporting
- Effective delivery of risk data services, including quality assurance framework, as well as development and delivery of reporting
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree or equivalent and/or validated experience which shows an ability to operate effectively in the described environment
- Experience of working in data or information services, operational risk in financial services, or professional management consulting for at least 5 years
- Demonstrate success in the delivery of information services
- Track record of intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurship
- Track record in managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience with data
- Demonstrable experience of leading the development of strategic and change initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including those acquired in working with remote customers and suppliers
- Ability to think strategically and effectively communicate ideas and concepts
- Ability to understand complex requirements, including regulatory changes and member requests
- Handle confidential material with highest discretion
- Work autonomously and pro-actively as well as in a team environment
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks with attention to detail and accuracy
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Experience in project management
- Operational risk qualification
- Experience of working in financial services
- Operational risk knowledge
- Experience of operating in an international environment
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Bonus scheme
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest free rail season ticket loan
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.