Junior Research Analyst (risk management)
- 18 December 2018
Job title: Junior Research Analyst (risk management)
Team: Research and Information Team
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Risk Management
Location: Bath, UK
We’re looking for a junior analyst to join our growing risk management research team
The ORX Junior Research Analyst (risk management) role is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work within the operational risk industry. The individual will support elements of the ORX research programme, mainly helping with qualitative research tasks in operational risk.
You will support the Head of Research and Information in the delivery of the ORX research programme. Our research programme provides operational risk measurement and management research projects to the financial services industries.
The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator (both verbal and written), show initiative and demonstrate research skills.
This role is part of ORX’s Research and Information team. This is where thought leadership, evidence-based research and related member events are designed, planned and delivered.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 95 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2019.
Main duties and responsibilities
Key responsibilities for the Junior Research Analyst (risk management) include:
- Working in small teams to help deliver research
- Researching specific aspects of operational risk practice and methodology
- Helping to write research proposals
- Helping to develop surveys and other ways of collecting information
- Performing quantitative analysis of data
- Helping to draft research reports
- Helping to communicate research findings
- Supporting ORX Working Groups and meetings
- Supporting project planning and report writing
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Right to work in the UK
- Interest in financial services
- Intellectual curiosity
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-active, self-motivated and highly organised
- Have highest standards of professionalism
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt in a changing environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience working within financial services
- Interest in operational risk management
- Experience of operating in an international environment
What we offer in return
- Competitive starting salary
- Bonus scheme
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
- Twenty-five days holiday a year which increases by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Opportunity to develop operational risk skills
- Career advancement
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected].