Junior Research Analyst – Placement
- 7 December 2022
Job title: Junior Research Analyst – Placement
Job type: Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Team: Research and Information Team
Reports to: Research Manager
Location: Bath, UK (Flexible Working)
About the role
The ORX Junior Research Analyst role is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work within the operational risk industry as part of ORX’s busy Research and Information team. The ORX Research and Information programme supports the global financial services sector to measure and manage operational risk by providing a platform for industry collaboration and community-based discussion and by conducting research projects into key areas of operational risk practice. Projects range from best practice exercises to original research and include qualitative and quantitative studies.
The individual will support elements of the ORX research programme by assisting with the delivery of research projects. This will involve both quantitative and qualitative research tasks with a particular focus on data analysis and benchmarking. Tools such as Excel, SQL and R will be used to analyse and visualise data, which, together with the individual’s strong writing skills, will help us to communicate research findings in coherent and engaging ways.
The Junior Research Analyst will have strong quantitative skills, will be an effective and enthusiastic communicator with an analytical approach who enjoys working with data and learning mathematical programming languages, and will show initiative in applying their research and analytical skills.
Key responsibilities for the Junior Research Analyst – Placement include:
- Providing analytical support to the Research and Information team working across ORX’s member communities
- Supporting quantitative and qualitative analysis of data requiring some knowledge of statistics and programming
- Supporting the development and analysis of surveys, combined with producing charts and other data visualisation outputs
- Supporting research into specific aspects of operational risk practice, trends, and methodology
- Assisting in the drafting and delivery of research reports
- Supporting the communication of research findings with the ORX constituency
- Providing support, where required, to ORX Working Groups and member meetings
For more information, download the full job description.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, plus bank holidays
- Holiday trading
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do I need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and while working at ORX.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.