IT Support and Projects Administrator
- 20 November 2020
Job title: IT Support and Projects Administrator
Team: IT Team
Reports to: Head of IT
Location: Bath, UK
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The IT Support and Projects Administrator role delivers both 1st line internal and external customer support as well as a varied involvement in delivering IT projects. It is an important role within the IT team ensuring that our change agenda is adequately supported and driven.
The project support aspect involves pro-active coordination, task management and delivery assistance on behalf of project leads. The Support desk aspect involves configuring and training users on key customer facing systems, responding to queries and logging/managing service desk calls. In addition to external support, the role will also involve providing internal IT support to ORX staff.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 100 leading banks and insurers from across the globe. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2020.
You will work as part of the IT team, responsible for delivering the key operational services that keep the organisation running effectively and safely.
Main duties and responsibilities
Providing IT project support:
- Assist with the delivery of IT projects across ORX
- Monitor overall progress and use of resources
- Support progress reporting and maintenance of stakeholder engagement
- Maintain project level task, issue logs and risk registers
Provision of 1st line support to ORX members:
- Assigning calls and monitoring their progress effectively for all teams
- Administer member and user administration
- Managing data upload and reporting services
- Administer the ORX member and ORX News websites
Supporting internal ORX support requests including:
- Provide Windows, Office 365 and standard Office application support
- Troubleshoot hardware and software incidents
- Support presentation equipment and conference calls
- Maintaining the software and hardware inventory for ORX IT equipment
- Administer user accounts and permission
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Right to work in the UK
- An IT or Computer Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office
- Experienced in task management
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems and develop new skills
- Excellent communication skills and numeracy
- Handle confidential material with highest discretion
- Work autonomously and pro-actively
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Able to cope under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Attention to detail
- Strong desktop support skills
- Experience in supporting users over the phone
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.