Head of ORX Services
- 14 July 2022
Job title: Head of ORX Services
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Team: Research and Information Team
Reports to: Research and Information Director
Location: Bath, UK (Flexible Working)
About the role
Reporting to the Research & Information Director, the Head of ORX Services will be responsible for both the day-to-day delivery and strategic development of ORX subscription (premium) services. These services include i) ORX Scenarios, ii) ORX Cyber and iii) ORX News and have a combined annual income of c. £1.8m.
The role is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to both work with some of the foremost operational risk figures in the global financial services industry and to lead the delivery and strategic development of services that are an extremely important component of the ORX product offer. The Head of ORX Services will therefore play a key role in the delivery of the overall ORX product and services strategy.
As part of the role, the Head of Services will be expected to build strategic plans for the services to ensure they continue to provide valuable and actionable outputs to subscribers, are innovative in how they are delivered, are coherent with the wider ORX product offer and leverage wider ORX Standards and reference data. From time-to-time, there may also be opportunities to create new services.
The Head of ORX Services will be an effective manager (3 direct reports with a team of c.12 staff), a robust facilitator, an excellent communicator and a confident leader. They will be operating closely with the ORX executives and thought leaders in the industry so must be credible and authoritative. The Head of Services is also a member of the ORX Senior Leadership Team and will be required to make an effective contribution to the management and development of the overall organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Head of ORX Services include:
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of ORX subscription services (ORX News, ORX Cyber and ORX Scenarios).
- Lead the team effectively (c. 12 headcount).
- Managing costs against budget as required.
- Lead the strategic product development for all services, seeking subscriber feedback and exploring innovative ways to develop and deliver the services.
- Where feasible, integrate subscription services activities and data – both between services and with the wider range of ORX products (including ORX data standards and references).
- From time-to-time and where opportunities are identified, lead the design and set-up of new subscription services. This would include developing business cases for review with the ORX Executive and Board and involvement in recruiting subscribers.
- As required, provide SME input across the research and information team and from time-to-time provide input to wider initiatives and projects.
Business Planning and Strategy
- With a particular focus on the subscription services, make a significant contribution to researching, planning, delivering and monitoring a coherent ORX product and services strategy.
- Make a contribution to researching, planning, delivering and monitoring the overall ORX business plan and strategy.
Leadership, Communication and Relationship Management
- Oversee the work of the ORX service teams.
- Work closely with ORX member relations and communications team to increase participation in services, to support new sales and to market and develop services.
- Manage/oversee relations with ORX service subscriber groups.
- As a member of ORX’s Senior Leadership Team, make an effective contribution to the management and development of the overall organisation.
- Build strong relationships with ORX participant members/subscribers.
- Communicate effectively with the ORX membership and subscribers, be effective in canvassing member opinion to drive service delivery and development.
- Present at ORX forums and other wider industry meetings as required.
- Promote ORX products and services with the membership and wider industry bodies, including regulators.
For more information, download the full job description.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Holiday trading
- Sabbaticals and long service awards
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do I need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and while working at ORX.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.