Head of Member Engagement and New Business Development
- 26 August 2021
Job title: Head of Member Engagement and New Business Development
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Team: Member and Service Development
Reports to: Membership Director
Responsible for: Member Engagement Manager
Budget responsibility: Events and RM Travel Budget
Location: Bath, UK
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
ORX is a member owned and led organisation with a diverse global membership covering the financial services industry. Understanding our members is key to retaining them.
The Head of Relationship Management (“Head) reports to the Membership Director. The Head will design, develop and implement the ORX member relationship management programme. They will also manage the LeadersConnect and business development programmes. This will require the successful candidate to work closely with colleagues across ORX, including senior members of the organisation, Member Relationship Managers (“RMs”), the IT & Operations teams, as well as Research and Communications.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a flexible manner with a range of internal stakeholders and the members. The role is within the Member and Service Development Team.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 100 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2021.
Main duties and responsibilities
The role will lead on all relationship management and business development activities at ORX Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Defining and implementing a strategic plan for RM.
- Building the RM capabilities of ORX to support the strategic plan including the co-ordinating of the RM community.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with RMs and providing support, advice and knowledge.
- Delivering the RM programme, including developing, analysing and monitoring management information and establishing and executing processes to enable oversight of RM activity and the monitoring of member relationships.
- Providing reporting on member engagement to the Senior Leadership Team, Executive Team and ORX Board.
- Managing the Member Engagement budget (including RM travel and events).
- Leading of the member retention strategies (particularly for ‘at risk’ members).
- Leading new member on-boarding.
- Oversight of the member/subscriber renewals process and the reconciliation with Finance to ensure that Membership and Finance reporting of membership income is consistent.
- Actively monitoring the effectiveness of all RM activities.
- Ensuring the professional development of the RM team.
- Defining and implementing the strategy for LeadersConnect.
- Building membership.
- Delivering an engaging programme with 10 “events” a year.
- Supporting authoring of thought leadership work.
- Building the virtual community including website.
New business development
- Defining and implementing a strategy for capturing new ideas and responding to member suggestions.
- Ensuring that ideas are fairly assessed and progressed as appropriate.
- Provide input to wider ORX projects and activities as required, particularly considering requirements for the Relationship Management Programme and championing the members’ needs.
- Being an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Performing any other duties as requested.
- Ensuring the ORX values are reflected in your work.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Right to work in the UK
- A relevant qualification and/or experience of working in a similar role. A degree level education is preferred.
- Proven ability to be agile and adaptable to ensure delivery
- Demonstrable ability to influence an organisation at all levels
- Proven ability to build a network of senior subject matter experts
- Experience of working with teams and individuals to develop and communicate key messages
- Excellent all-round communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Handle confidential material with highest discretion
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Curious with a willingness to develop new skills
- Ability to influence, inspire and manage colleagues
- Ability to develop and foster positive relationships
- Able to cope under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Confidence to represent ORX externally
- A business-related degree
- A knowledge of different client management practices
- Some previous experience of operational risk and/or working with the financial services industry
- Knowledge of one or more foreign language
- Knowledge of HubSpot CRM system
- Effective IT skills – confident in the use and application of information and systems
The 3 key competencies for this role are:
- Leadership and vision
- Collaboration and influence
- Effective communication
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Bonus scheme
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perks at work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Holiday trading
- Sabbaticals and long service awards
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work-life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.