- 18 December 2019
Job title: Finance Controller
Team: Finance and Operations
Reports to: Head of Finance & Operations
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
This is a new position, created to reflect the growth of ORX and the need to strengthen our strategic financial capability. It is a key leadership position, helping to drive through the financial and people related change that is essential in achieving a challenging and exciting strategy over the next 3 to 5 years.
We are a successful business that has grown income and staff significantly over the last few years. We need an experienced accountant to help us progress to the next level of maturity, generating insightful analysis and efficient finance processes.
The successful candidate will also relish picking up additional accountabilities including HR, legal, risk and office management. They will skilfully help get the best out of our people, motivating and engaging them to be at their best.
The role reports into the Head of Finance & Operations (equivalent to Finance Director) and involves line management of 3 direct reports (Finance Manager, HR assistant and Executive Assistant).
The role is based in Bath. Flexible working patterns will be considered for the right candidate.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 95 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2019.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Strategic planning
- Continuous improvement
- Business partnering and reporting
- Management accounting
- Financial control
- Year-end accounts
Legal, risk & governance
- Office management
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Right to work in the UK
- Accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
- Significant post-qualification experience in management accounting
- Experience of preparation of both management and financial accounts in an SME business
- Background in delivery of a robust financial control environment
- Experience of interacting with auditors, business advisors, executive management and Boards
- Up to date knowledge of applicable accounting standards
- Excellent team management skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to build strong relationships, including at C-suite level
- Ability to drive change and handle difficult conversations skilfully, bringing key stakeholders along on the journey
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Problem solving, analytical and reporting skills
- Handle confidential information with highest discretion
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Support for training and development
- Interest free rail season ticket loan
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.