- 14 May 2019
Job title: Business Analyst (temporary contract role)
Reports to: Change Manager
Location: Bath, UK
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The role works with stakeholders from all business units and related third parties to define and document business processes, understand and document business and software functional and non-functional requirements for technology initiatives, including Insight, member facing web system, business information systems and data collections services.
You will be based in Bath, although some home working may be possible. We are looking for someone to work full time.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 95 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2019.
Main duties and responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities for the Business Analyst include:
- Working with stakeholders to identify, agree and document their functional and non-functional requirements for business systems and IT solutions.
- Working with ORX’s development partners to clearly communicate ORX requirements, represent users in technical discussions and ensure applications developed meet ORX’s requirements
- Working with business leads to document and get consensus on ORX’s business requirements
- Supporting ORX business teams to document their processes and procedures in a standard form, recommending improvements where possible
- Participating in the change management process, to ensure the change is appropriately scoped and the impact on ORX systems is identified and assessed
- Support the testing of IT developments to ensure that they meet requirements
- Work with stakeholders to define and agree business cases for change
- Facilitate effective communication and understanding between technical and non-technical teams
- Ensuring quality, quantity and timeliness of work supports business objective and provides value
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Right to work in the UK
- Degree or equivalent and/or validated experience
- Experience of process definition and process improvement
- Elicitation and documentation of functional & non-functional requirements
- Experience of documenting business requirements
- Experience of writing specification requirements
- Excellent relationship building, including with third parties
- Influencing skills with ability to gain consensus and reconcile conflicting views
- Excellent communication skills
- Resilient and comfortable with change
- Work autonomously and pro-actively with accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Able to cope under pressure, prioritise tasks and resolve problems
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Confident in the use and application of information and systems
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Knowledge of Agile
- Knowledge of business process modelling methodologies
- Track record of planning/project management
- Experience of facilitating workshops
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. In the body of the email, please confirm what your salary expectations are.