Assistant Marketing & Communications Manager - Engagement
- 16 December 2019
Job title: Assistant Marketing & Communications Manager – Engagement
Team: Member & Service Development
Reports to: Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
ORX is the world’s largest operational risk association for the financial services industry. As well as ORX Membership, which currently includes nearly 100 member organisations, we also have two “premium” additional services which don’t require an organisation to be a member; these are ORX News and ORX Scenarios. Our existing members and premium service subscribers from across the globe are, therefore, extremely important stakeholders. As such, this role will be primarily focused on making sure our existing customers understand the value of their involvement with ORX and encouraging them through effective marketing campaigns to get involved in more of our activities/ upsell to new services.
You will be part of the Member and Service Development team, reporting into the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager.
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 95 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2019.
Main duties and responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager in devising and implementing the member and subscriber communications plans, including email, website and materials for various existing customer segments
- Managing our monthly member newsletter and other email communications to members and subscribers
- Managing the implementation, reporting and action plan of the annual survey for members and premium service subscribers
- Supporting the Research team with member marketing and communications campaigns to promote sign up to specific projects
- Supporting the Relationship Management Officer and individual Relationship Managers with communications materials, including presentation design and writing emails
- Devising and implementing member and premium service communications programmes, such as for onboarding new clients and to re-engage those identified as not engaging with us at the appropriate level
- Reporting to the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager and Exec Team on member engagement activity
- Supporting the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager with any incident management communications required
- Designing effective training documentation for members and subscribers to use our systems and reports effectively
- Managing the project feedback loop, ensuring we understand from our members and subscribers what they thought of our projects and that we act on their feedback
- Managing and analysing our member and subscriber data effectively using our CRM platform. Also ensuring it is used effectively by everyone across the business
- Supporting our member events team with communications materials as required
We believe that for the right individual, this role will be challenging, exciting and rewarding.
Key accountabilities include:
- Proactively managing effective marketing and communications activities to existing customers, including the annual member survey, newsletters and training materials
- Ensuring member and subscriber data is managed and analysed effectively
- Producing effective management information reports
- Managing existing customer feedback
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A marketing or communications qualification, and/or experience of working in a similar role
- Proven experience with a CRM platform
- Proven experience of creating marketing/communications plans (annual and/or individual campaign plans)
- Proven experience of writing effective communications copy
- Proven experience designing emails using an email marketing software platform (e.g. MailChimp)
- Analytical, with the ability to tell a story with data
- A creative mindset with the ability to think outside of the box and problem solve without always being told what to do
- Organised and self-motivated. You will work with the teams at ORX to maximise the impact of their communications
- A good understanding of plain English, writing in a way that can appeal to all, and have an excellent eye for detail
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team. Focused on the team as well as personal goals
- A degree-level education
- A B2B marketing background
- Experience of running customer service/feedback programmes
- Experience of devising a customer/client onboarding programme
- Experience of dealing with incident communications
- Experience of producing effective training materials
- Willingness to learn, including being motivated to find ways to self-teach new marketing and communications skills
- Excellent design and content presentation skills (including website and PowerPoint)
- Good stakeholder management skills and strong collaborative skills, particularly focused on the ability to influence, inspire and manage senior colleagues. You will need to develop good working relationships with teams across the organisation
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Bonus scheme
- Eight per cent company contribution to a pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- Twenty-five days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest-free rail season ticket loan
- Summer and Xmas social events
- Inclusive and supportive working environment
What else do you need to know?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard while recognising the importance of the well-being and work-life balance of our staff. This is reflected in our culture and in our approach to flexible working.
As we manage and have control of highly confidential data, the successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and will be subject to background checks.