Terms & Conditions
- 16 March 2022
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) govern any order for content that you place via our website www.orx.org (the “Website”), in particular, the rights and liabilities associated with that transaction.
Throughout this site, the terms "we", "us", "our" and "ORX" refer to the Operational Riskdata eXchange Association (ORX). The terms ”you”, ”your” or ”your company” in these Terms are a reference to the company on whose behalf you act when placing an order from this Website.
Content available on the Website
ORX provides some content on the website for free and some content that we charge for. You can purchase this content at the prices stated on the Website. Please note if your company is a member of ORX then you may be able to access the content without paying an additional fee. Please check here to see if your organisation is a member. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
If you wish to use our content in any way not expressly permitted in these Terms, you must first request written permission from ORX, which shall be free to accept or to decline, in its full discretion.
Content for purchase
ORX offers for purchase various reports, in digital format for download. For details of how you can use this content please see below.
Reports are available for download and use in certain specified formats, for example, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, podcast or video. It is your responsibility to check, before you place an order, which format suits your needs best and which will enable you to successfully receive and access any purchased download. Please note that from time to time ORX may modify the formats in which the reports are available, so you should always check before making a purchase.
Permission to use purchased content
When you buy any of our content in digital form, what you are buying is the right to use it (or extracts from the same) for your own reference in connection with your business in the following ways only:
- To download one copy of that digital content in an available electronic format
- To manipulate any statistical data that is provided with a report, for your own internal use only
Restrictions on the use of purchased content
The report you purchase on the site is confidential, except for any contents which are in the public domain, e.g. information published in international media. You may not use the content in any way not expressly permitted herein, in particular:
- You may not offer the report for resale
- You may not share the content, in part or in full, with anybody outside your firm.
- You may not upload the content, in part or in full, to any database or server outside your company's internal network
- You may not display the content, in part or in full, on any external-facing website
- You may not otherwise disclose or let the content be disclosed, in part or in full, to persons outside your firm
- ORX retains ownership and title over the report, including in particular copyright. No rights are granted to you other than those expressly mentioned in these terms and conditions
- You are not entitled to remove or to alter in any way copyright and proprietary notices on the content
Eligibility to place an order
To be eligible to place an order for content on the Website, you must:
- Be placing an order on behalf of your company and have the necessary authority to do so
- Provide the name, address, phone number and contact details of your company in addition to your real name, e-mail address and other required information
Be able to pay via bank transfer or possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a card issuer acceptable to ORX (i.e. Visa, Mastercard, Discovery or American Express).
Making a contract
Your order is an offer by you to buy from us. The following steps have to take place before a contract is made online between you and ORX:
- You place your order for content on the website by pressing the ‘Request an Invoice” button
- You will see an on-screen acknowledgement and an email will be sent that your order has been received
- Normally within two (2) working days you will receive an invoice to the details provided. If you do not receive the invoice, please contact us at [email protected]
- You pay the invoice with one of the stated options within the invoice
- The contract is made between your company and ORX, when ORX e-mails you with the link to the content
Prices and payment
The prices for content and services quoted on the website do not include VAT, any equivalent sales tax or delivery.
You will find the total cost of your order, with price, VAT (where applicable) and delivery itemised, in your invoice before you pay. All orders will be invoiced in Sterling (£).
ORX currently accepts payment of invoice by bank transfer or the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discovery and American Express.
All credit card transactions processed are handled by PayPal. No payment details are collected or processed by ORX. We do not accept responsibility for any problems you may have in making payment through PayPal to ORX.
Accessing purchased content
Once you have submitted your order and your payment details have been confirmed (subject to any delays beyond ORX’s control), ORX will send you an e-mail confirming your purchase and links to purchased content. These will be available for up to (3) three months for you to be able to download.
Provided that any download ORX has provided to you is not defective, risk of loss of and damage to the content you have purchased passes to you once your download is complete.
Cancelling your order and refunds
ORX may decline your order for any reason, in which case ORX will send you an e-mail telling you so.
Although ORX tries very hard to ensure that all information on the Website is accurate, occasionally errors may occur. If we discover an error in the description of any content or service that you have ordered, we will let you know and ask whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it. If we discover that the correct price of any content or services you have ordered is lower than our stated price, we will charge you the lower amount and process your order. If the correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before processing your order or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
Please note that we do not offer refunds or accept returns, except in the case where we are unable to supply the content you have ordered and for which we have taken payment.
ORX reserves the right to terminate any contract with you if your payment is not processed for any reason, but you have nevertheless received the content you have ordered. In such an event, ORX may on notice to you withdraw your right to use such content and require you to delete or return such content, as appropriate.
- Any report you purchase on the Website does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by ORX. It is not intended to be relied upon, and you should not rely upon it, in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment, purchase, sale or other decisions
- ORX provides no representation or warranty, neither expressly nor impliedly, as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any report purchased on the site
- ORX expressly disclaims any warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to any warranties for fitness for a particular purpose or against infringement of any third party intellectual property rights
- Even though ORX will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the timeliness, security, performance or availability of the content and/or that the content is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties, ORX does not provide any representation or warranty in this respect
- To the largest extent possible under the governing law, ORX liability is excluded for any loss or damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, or other damages, arising out of, or in connection with, the use or inability to use the purchased report or any information contained in it, except where ORX has been guilty of wilful intent or gross negligence
We reserve the right at any time to make any changes and corrections to these terms.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by Swiss law, under the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. All disputes arising out of or in connection with the present Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ordinary courts of Geneva/Switzerland. ORX shall, however, be entitled to bring action against you before any other competent court.