ORX Annual Review
- 12 May 2021
Annual Review 2020: Progressing together in a challenging year
Annual update from Simon Wills, ORX Executive Director
A tough but rewarding year
"Last year was a period of change for all of us, so rather than my usual written letter to ORX members and subscribers, I decided to do a video update for this annual review. Watch my update to find out more about our future strategy, which is focused on supporting operational risk management to be effective in a digital world."
Download the ORX Annual Review to see how we made progress together, despite the pandemic
Download our latest Annual Review, covering January-December 2020, to hear from the Chair of the ORX Board, Lisa Broomer, and for our highlights from 2020.
ORX Highlights of 2020
Last year was a challenging time for the whole world – and this was true for both ORX and our member organisations. However, despite the changed circumstances we found ourselves working in, with the help of our members we delivered new and planned activities, hosted virtual forums and continued to grow the association, reaching more individuals with our helpful content and engaging events than ever before. Here are just some of the things we did:
- Launched discussion groups to bring ORX members together to discuss key topics, such as climate and resilience
- Held regular calls for ORX members to discuss the challenges of coronavirus
- Hosted virtual events allowing members to work together and network despite restrictions
- Launched LeadersConnect, our new community for senior operational risk professionals
- Extended the ORX Reference Taxonomy to include causes and impacts
- Produced guidance on how to capture the operational risk impacts of coronavirus
ORX Membership: supporting proactive risk management
Actively managing operational and non-financial risk is now more important than ever. With ORX Membership, you can access operational risk loss data, compare your practice with other organisations and be part of a global community of operational risk managers who are working together to overcome the challenges faced by financial firms in our current operating landscape.